Rose Of Bulgaria Health and Beauty
|Posted on August 17, 2015 at 5:25 AM|
WHAT IS IT?
Eye treatments are a quick, easy and effective way to change or enhance your appearance and flatter your facial features. Eye treatments include eyebrow shaping, eyelash and eyebrow tinting and eyelash perming.
Eyelash and eyebrow tinting will enhance the general appearance of your eyes and is particularly beneficial for people who participate in sporting activities, especially swimming. Unlike mascara the effect is very natural! Eyelash tinting involves carefully dying the lashes with safe, natural tints, to give them a natural, luscious, darker appearance. Many different eyelash tint colours (including blues, browns, blacks and greys) are available to complement your skin and hair colouring perfectly. Eyebrow tinting involves carefully dying the eyebrows with safe, natural tints. The dye will be left on the brows for a much shorter time than an eyelash tint as the colour will develop much quicker. A patch test is required at least 24 hours prior to treatment. The test involves putting a tiny amount of the mixed dye onto the skin, either on the inside of the elbow or out of sight behind the ear. This is to ensure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients used in the products. If you have had a patch test at another salon you will still need a repeat test, as different brands may cause different reactions.
Eyebrow shaping. The normal eyebrow should look like the wings of a bird in flight: thicker at the inner corner of the eye, tapering to an arch and narrowing at the end of the brow. As the eyebrows frame the face, they should be in balance with the rest of the facial features.
Eyelash perm. Eyelash permanent wave, is a cosmetic procedure performed only by a licensed Beauty Therapist to flip up eyelashes using hair perming technology. Eyelash perming is recommended to emphasise the eyelashes, making the eye look larger and to give more definition. For clients who wear contact lenses or glasses. For mature clients with sagging eyelids. For clients who do not wish to wear mascara. For holidays or for sports women. For clients living or working in hot environments. For clients who have short straight lashes. For special occasions.
UNDERSTANDING THE TREATMENTS.
Eyelash tinting creates more definition and appearance of longer, thicker lashes. It is a fantastic treatment to have before you go on holiday and for those who cannot wear mascara. Using specially formulated and safe permanent hair tints, a natural look is achieved. A range of colours and shades are available to cater for all skin types and colour. An increasing number of men find this a subtle way to enhance their appearance. This service dramatically enhances one's look without being overly conspicuous.
The eyelash tinting procedure involves:
• Any contact lenses are removed;
• Cleansing eyelashes of makeup with oil-free remover;
• Small amount of Vaseline is applied to the upper and lower eyelids;
• Cosmetic pad applied to lower lid;
• Permanent tint is carefully applied to the lashes for 5 to 10 minutes;
• Tint is then removed, and eyes wiped down with cosmetic pads;
• Client is then free to wear additional makeup, if desired
The life cycle of the eyelash hair is approximately four to six weeks therefore after this period of time the hair will have returned to its original colour. The treatment however, can be repeated on a regular basis.
This treatment makes your eye brow more noticeable and is great for covering greys. Eyebrow tinting will enhance the general appearance of your eyes and is particularly beneficial for people who have very fair eyebrows and for people who normally use eyebrow pencils. The colours can be chosen from blue, blue/black, black, dark brown, light brown, etc.
The eyebrow tinting procedure involves:
• Any contact lenses are removed;
• Cleansing eyebrows of makeup with oil-free remover;
• Small amount of Vaseline is applied around the eyebrows;
• Permanent tint is carefully applied to the eyebrows for 1 to 2 minutes;
• Tint is then removed, and eyebrows wiped down with cosmetic pads and cleanser;
• Client is then free to wear additional makeup, if desired.
The life cycle of the eyebrow hair is approximately four to six weeks therefore after this period of time the hair will have returned to its original colour. The treatment however, can be repeated on a regular basis.
Eyebrow shaping is the removal of superfluous hair to enhance the shape of the natural brow. Rose Of Bulgaria Beauty Therapy can shape your eyebrows with an eyebrow wax and/or tweezing. Choosing of the method it is up to you. However, we recommend tweezing in facial area, to avoid overstretching the skin, and to prevent the appearance of premature wrinkles. This service is always done after tinting, to avoid open pores to be clogged with tint (as the follicles will be open and infection may occur).
Eyelash perming. This treatment is a semi-permanent way of curling the upper lashes and the result will last from 4-6 weeks. Lashes are treated with a special solution, and then wrapped around a mini sponge or roller. The perming solution is applied to the upturned lash, and then it is left to set.The chemical reaction breaks and reform the bonds of the hair. This reaction, softening the lash's inner structure between the protein chains of the hair. The hair swells, stretches and softens, then is molded around the shape of the perm rod to from a curl. As the old hairs are lost and replaced with new hairs the curl diminishes. The use of perming solutions, although chemically based, is far less damaging than regular use of eyelash curlers.
The eyelash perming procedure involves:
• Any contact lenses are removed;
• Cleansing eyelashes and eyelids of makeup with oil-free remover for optimum adhesion of the eyelash rollers;
• Pat drying with a cosmetic cloth. Briefly brushing the eyelashes to separate them.
• The lower eyelashes are covered with pads to assure that you affix only the upper eyelashes to the eyelash rollers;
• Selecting and applying the eyelash rollers. The shorter the eyelashes and the more curl the customer desires, the smaller the roller;
• Applying lash perm. Application time: 15 minutes (approximately) for normal/thin eyelashes, 25 - 30 minutes for thick/strong eyelashes;
• At the end of the application time Lash Perm is removed with a dry cotton swab;
• Applying neutralizer. Application time: 10 minutes for normal/thin eyelashes, 15 - 20 minutes for thick/strong eyelashes.
• At the end of the application time Neutraliser is removed with a dry cotton swab;
• Removing eyelash rollers with a moist cotton pad. Drying the eye area with a cosmetic cloth.
IMMEDIATE AFTERCARE ADVICE:
-Do not touch or rub the area immediately after treatment.
-Cooling mild antiseptic products, e.g. witch hazel, should be applied to the area.
-No make-up should be applied to the area for 12 hours, as the follicles are open and infection may occur.
-If redness or irritation occurs apply damp cotton wool pad to the area.
-The effects will last approximately 4-6 weeks depending on how quickly the hairs grow out.
-Stray re-growth hairs can be removed at intervals to prolong the effect of eyebrow shaping.
-Strong sunlight will make the results fade faster.
EYE TREATMENTS FAQs.
How long do your eye treatments take?
All our treatments have approximate times as a guide, but treatments may overrun, until the procedure is complete, and the client is happy with the results. Approximate times for our eye treatments are shown below:
• Eyelash tinting 30 minutes;
• Eyebrow tinting 15 minutes;
• Eyebrow shaping 15 minutes;
• Eyelash perming – about 45 minutes.
How do I know if tinting is a safe treatment?
Eyelash hair is particularly fine, and therefore the chemicals used in these treatments only needs to be very weak, unlike the chemicals used in scalp hair. Most treatments consist of a gel rather than a liquid thus enabling greater control. Please note that a free test must be carried out 24 hours before tinting, as an added precaution.
I still need more information about eye treatments, what should I do?
If you still have questions about eye treatments, then we are always happy to discuss the treatments with you, either by phone, message, email, or in person.
Categories: LASH AND BROW TREATMENTS